Sunday, May 30, 2010

Gossip or Criticism.

I belong to a couple of garden websites, and when I haven't been on in a while, will go back and wander around on them, only to be reminded why it is that I haven't been on in a while. I cannot stomach the way folks speak to each other - it's depressing.
Rampant gossip, mean-spirited commentary, outright rudeness, insults - people are people, wherever they are.

Reminds me of why I love program so much - we make a concerted effort to be kind and loving to one another, even when we are at opposite ends of a discussion. We allow for alternate viewpoints. Not just allow, we welcome them, for in hearing the experience, strength and hope of someone else, do I find solutions I wouldn't have come to on my own.

I'm doing a Step Four right now, and am having some realisations which are taking a bit of time to digest, but as always with this Step, I can feel that if I keep going, being as honest as I can be, I will emerge, amazed and delighted, on the other side of it.
Hope your weekend is giving you pleasure.

2 comments:

  1. I do not like the gossip and refuse to talk about others. The weekend is going well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post I also feel very uncomfortable with gossip.
    I participated in this behavior in the past to uplift my low self esteem by lowering others...didn't work well
    Practicing new behavior creates a better world for me and others

    ReplyDelete