Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weddings

Yesterday we went to a friend's wedding, and it was a beautiful day on all fronts - a deeply touching ceremony, glorious weather, and magnificent company.

I love the hopefulness and committment of weddings.

It was one of those days that's  bursting at the seams with joyfulness and humour.

We had a great table - more than our share of quick-witted individuals, whose company is like being at a improv comedy show - you sit back and laugh until your stomach hurts, while they bounce zingers off each other so quickly, it's hard to keep up.
All sober, all done in a spirit of great affection for each other.

We've met some amazing, wonderfully spiritual people since we moved here; we feel connected and at home. It's really a great feeling.

Some days, the gratitude is so powerful, it's impossible to articulate - this was one of them. I know you know what I mean, even if I can't explain it.

1 comment:

  1. I've been away for a few days, so I was surprised to see your blog pop up on my reader. I'm so glad you decided to keep writing. Welcome back, and thanks for this post. I love weddings, too.

    ReplyDelete