Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lonely.

I miss my sponsor. I'm going to drive over to have lunch with her in a couple of days, and I'm really looking forward to it. I miss that feeling of being known for all my good points and bad, and loved anyway.

It's hard being new, feeling my way through all the new relationships. I've met some amazingly wonderful people here, and for that I'm grateful, but nothing can compare with the comfort of being known, of not having to explain. I'm feeling lonely today.

I know this will pass, and I'll regain the feeling of comfort inside my own skin, but today I feel mournful, and a bit lost. I've learned in Al-Anon that this happens now and then; I don't have to panic because I'm not bursting with delight for the day. I've learned to allow myself my sad feelings, not to try to shove them down out of sight, or deny their existence. I can feel these feelings, and survive, it doesn't mean that anything dreadful is going to happen.
It is what it is. So it goes. Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, I too have those moments when I feel lonely, but it passes as you wrote here. I think it's great that you are going to see your sponsor. Nothing like a good talk with one's sponsor to set things right.

    ReplyDelete