Sunday, September 18, 2011

Moving Makes Me Tired.

We had good friends over today, who stayed for dinner, and it was great fun, but now I'm completely exhausted, with no energy to do the unpacking and organising I'd promised myself I'd get done this weekend.

I need to let go, we haven't even been in this house a week yet, and already, I'm giving myself a hard time for not having it set up perfectly and completely - what a nutcase I am, still, in so many ways. I wouldn't expect any of my friends to have their house completely organised a week after a move, so why do I set these goals for myself?

Our friends helped us to rearrange the livingroom so that now it feels like home - neither my husband nor I are any good at that sort of thing, we just bung the furniture down along the walls, and then wonder why it resembles a waiting room. Our friends have the knack - move this, hang that here, pull the couch out so it's at an angle, put the rug in a different way, shove that chair over, move this plant, and suddenly, it all comes together and looks marvellous. It was fun, but I still don't know how they do it, no matter how many times I watch it happen; it's just magical. After the room was set up, we all sat down for dinner and some great laughing fits.

Now, the house is quiet, my husband has gone to bed, and I'm feeling contented and grateful. My Higher Power has granted me much joy, and many good people in my life.  People in whose company I feel uplifted, enriched, entertained, educated. Tonight I'm full of the knowledge that I have a good life, and I'm grateful to be aware of it.

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh about the waiting room look. Yes, it does take some imagination to decorate. My wife is really good at it. I am not. I simply get the boxes down for each season so that she can make things look like a magazine. And I move the furniture. She is happy and so am I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had an uplifing and good day! Also that you are taking it slow getting settled in.

    ReplyDelete