Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What A Blessing.

"Short arm needs man to reach to Heaven,
So ready is Heaven to stoop to him."

                            Francis Thompson

"When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, let the hand of Al-Anon and Alateen always be there, and—Let It Begin With Me."
                               Al-Anon Declaration.

I love those two quotes, because they remind me that I never have to go through anything alone again. Help is there for me, and all I have to do is be willing to reach out for it. I woke up today and felt rather down. Not shattered, not black, just a little down. At first, I began looking for reasons for it, then caught myself, and stopped that obsessive train of thought. That's old thinking, that idea that if I find out "why," things will change.

It is what it is. The question is, what can I do for myself? I asked my Higher Power to grant me peace and serenity. Through other people, I got the message 3 times today that I matter, that people are grateful for my existence, that I am loved.

I consider the abundance with which my little morning prayer was answered, and smile to recall a sponsee who jokes that her Higher Power is a bit of a showoff. I needed that today. Once would have been enough, but instead, it was given to me with a lavish hand, and I am grateful.

I love this program.

No comments:

Post a Comment