Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Christmas

We're having some "orphan" newcomers in AA over for turkey dinner tomorrow, and the last few days, I've been madly burning cd's of AA speakers for them, so each one can have a little travel cd holder with a starting collection of 14 cds, and some empty slots for more later. It's been great fun.

Then I cleaned the house from stem to stern, had a nice long soak in some luxurious lavender foaming bath -with the most intoxicatingly heavenly fragrance. My little female dog kept standing up to peer over the edge of the bath and try to get me to give her some suds to eat. (What is it with some dogs and soap? My last big dog would nibble any bar soap left within reach.)

Now, I'm feeling utterly relaxed, joyful, and deeply grateful for all of the blessings in my life.

Happy Christmas to all of you.

3 comments:

  1. And a very happy Christmas to you as well. I think that it is so good that you are having the "orphans" over. We will hopefully get back to doing that in the future, although I have to say that I am grateful for the quiet little get together that we had. Wishing you a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a positive note of strength and experience and hope for me: your enthused generosity and your stem-to-stern cleaning and the joy and gratitude which followed. Happy Christmas season, in return.

    ReplyDelete